We are looking forward to 2018 and are grateful for the 5 years we have behind us. Last year we had a wonderful AGM and networking evening where we hope many new connections were made and inspiration blossomed for new community engagement projects. We love our neighbourhood, and many of you at that meeting told us the same, let's work together to make it the best we can in order to enjoy it with our friends and family, and share it with the world.
We continue to work on the deliverables established by the West End Art Plan'
- Plan and deliver a weekly West End arts market
- Create flexible, multi-use art spaces in the West End
- Establish WE Arts as a hub to advance and manage elements of this plan
- Create and integrate multi-use arts spaces as part of the redevelopment of the West End
- Plan and develop a 250-300 seat theatre including rehearsal and workshop space
- Develop laneway amenities, including a makers lab, live/work and retail space- create an annual West End arts festival
As a group made up of volunteers in one of the most dense neighbourhoods in Vancouver, we face new and changing challenges in fulfilling these deliverables as this city and particularly the West End is constantly changing. We are being as creative as possible as we are committed to our neighbourhood and we know that nothing is impossible.
With anticipation we move onwards to creatively connect community with arts!